Thursday, June 28, 2012

How to Get Answers to Prayers....

Of late, as you may have read in my previous postings I have been interested in how to receive answers to prayers and how to receive personal revelation.  I want to be guided by the Holy Ghost more in my life.  I was given the gift of the Holy Ghost after I was baptized by my dad who held the Melchizedek Priesthood. However, this gift contingent upon my righteousness and faith.  So tonight while preparing my lesson for Sunday, I received another piece of the puzzle.  Isaiah of the Old Testament wrote of the blessings of fasting: "Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.  Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am."  

Fasting has always been a difficulty thing for me and any opportunity I took to skip it turns out to have been a missed opportunity to receive answers to my prayers among other blessings.  I love how Isaiah says, "Then shalt thou call and the Lord shall answer."  I'm glad I read this tonight I can think of some great reasons to fast.

No comments:

San Diego Temple