Sunday, April 22, 2012

Coming To Ourselves: the Sacrament, the Temple, and Sacrifice in Service

It is so hard for me to feel the full meaning of the sacrament lately because I don't understand the meaning behind the words of the hymn or the sacrament prayer.  I guess I need to study the sacrament prayer in spanish so I can understand it. In reading this talk by Elder Robert D. Hales, I love how he says that participating in the sacrament means that "we prayerfully seek forgiveness for our sins and shortcomings...and make specific personal commitments to follow the Savior during the coming week."  This gives me hope.  I feel like I try and change and be a better parent/person, but I'm always one step forward two steps back.  That is what the sacrament is about change.

No comments:

San Diego Temple