Monday, August 12, 2013

Education

I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting in a couple of weeks on Education.  So there will probably be a lot of posts on education for the next few weeks.  Here is today's favorite quote:
Education is not merely a good idea, it’s a commandment.” - Elder Uchtdorf 
If we are not constantly learning then we are not progressing and we do not just stay in one place but we beginning going backwards.   I went to college, graduated with my bachelors, but if I don't continue learning and growing my mind then I start forgetting.   I need not only to continue my spiritual studying, but I need to continue secular learning also.
Elder Eyring said: He also cautioned that “your education must never stop. If it ends at the door of the classroom on graduation day, we will fail. And we will need the help of heaven to know which of the myriad things we could study we would most wisely learn. . . .
“The real life we’re preparing for is eternal life,” President Eyring said. “Secular knowledge has for us eternal significance. Our conviction is that God, our Heavenly Father, wants us to live the life that He does.”
I think my main focus right now needs to be on Spanish.

No comments:

San Diego Temple