Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Tender Mercy


After days of being sick with Bronchitis, we had little food left to prepare a dinnertime meal with and I had even less energy to do so.  I don't remember if it was aloud or just in my heart that I offered a  little prayer "Heavenly Father if it be possible, please let someone bring us some dinner tonight."  Then I went to take a badly needed nap.   Before I was done napping I heard a knock at the front door and my husband (who was also sick) opened the door to find his parents and aunt there.  They were returning home from the family party that we missed the day before and decided to stop as they were passing our house on their way.  They stopped by and brought plates of leftover food from the party.  I was so comforted that Heavenly Father answered my prayer. My family was fed and I could continue sleeping instead of getting up to go fix dinner.  I was able to sleep for a couple of hours and when I got up finally felt like I was starting to get better.

This was a tender mercy from the Lord.  No one but Him heard that plea of my heart.   And it reminds me that He does know me and want what's best for me.   Thank you Father.

 Nephi writes, “But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance” (1 Nephi 1:20).

No comments:

San Diego Temple