Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just what I needed to hear...

Saw this on facebook tonight and it really hit home and was what I needed to hear:


It is the home which produces the nursery stock of new generations. I hope that you mothers [and fathers] will realize that when all is said and done, you have no more compelling responsibility, nor any laden with greater rewards, than the nurture you give your children in an environment of security, peace, companionship, love, and motivation to grow and do well.

The more surely you rear your children in the ways of the gospel of Jesus Christ, with love and high expectation, the more likely that there will be peace in their lives.
---Gordon B. Hinckley



Funny too, because the person that posted it was someone I taught on my mission and I was just thinking of her today.  Being able to be a part of her conversion experience and knowing the amazing person that she is such a blessing in my life.  I was feeling depleted today and seeing her testimony in action strengthened me.  Her example gives me the motivation to keep trying to do what I know I should be doing as a wife and mother even though I feel like I'm 'swimming up stream'.  I am grateful that the Lord brought her into my life. 

No comments:

San Diego Temple