Saturday, May 26, 2012

Child Like Faith

A week or so ago Lydia was having a problem at bedtime, I can't remember what it was but I told her that she could kneel down and pray just like the two girls who encountered the rattlesnakes in the movie 17 Miracles.  I had showed my kids the clip of the movie because one of the girls was the daughter of our direct ancestor.  I used the clip to illustrate that the girl was only 9 years old when this happened and she prayed and God answered her prayer with a miracle.  I told my girls that they could also pray anytime they had a problem and God would answer their prayers also.

So the other night Lydia was complaining a lot that her leg hurt.  She frequently gets growing pains and so I told her to get in my bed and I would put the heating pack on her leg.  After tucking her in I left the room.  About 15 minutes later Lydia came out and told me that she needed to whisper something to me.  She then told me, "Momma, I  said a prayer that my leg wouldn't hurt and when I was done my leg didn't hurt anymore."  I asked her if she knew why and she said she didn't. I explained that God answered her prayer because He loves her so very much.   She was so happy.

No comments:

San Diego Temple